#}
  • Sie können sich hier registrieren, um Beiträge zu schreiben. Registrierte Nutzer können sich oben rechts anmelden.

5 Zeilen

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Re: check leo

:-)))

nice...by the way, our friend india has given up trying to argue;-)

I'd accept explanations on how to ride an elephant, though:-)))

Kommentar

I'd accept explanations on how to ride an elephant, though:-)))
      **Ach....I'll show you (talking 'bout giving up to argue)my...Webster's comprehensive dictionary. Don't remeber exactly...was it page 1024, or 1027...??
      Anyway....if we have "NOTHING BETTER TO DO",buceamos al mas profundo de la puta lengua inglesa....**

Kommentar

Most dictionnaries do not differenciate between solve and resolve, but there IS definitely a difference. For instance, a solution (Lösung) is not the same as a resolution (Vorsatz). Solving is an active term, that means, I can solve a problem, a riddle, etc. A war resolves, it is a terminal thing and not necessarily dependant on my will / wish. I already explained this, aber wenn du zum Verrecken nicht kapieren bzw. zugeben willst, there's nothing I can do about...You are welcome to correct my bad german anytime, I'll be thankful, but arguing with me on the english language is mostly hopeless;-)

Kommentar

aber wenn du zum Verrecken nicht kapieren bzw. zugeben willst, there's nothing I can do about
          **Eben....wir überprüfen das, ...bis zum Erbrechen, wenn Du so willst**
          You are welcome to correct my bad german anytime, I'll be thankful,
          **It's not bad, getting better all the time (reminds me...some song, don't remember which)**
          but arguing with me on the english language is mostly hopeless;-)
          **MOSTLY...nice word, some kind of...well, how to say.....NOT hopeless, which means...4me, arguing it's worth it....who knows ?? Maybe I'm right ??....One day...:-)))**

Kommentar

• Re: one last try

what I'm trying to say is, that the thin difference is almost never contained in dictionnaries (which not seldom proved wrong, and you know it), and the choice is left up to the user. I quote an explanation from another source:

"Both words have meanings that overlap and those that don't. The word "solve" is confined to "finding a solution". One can solve a problem, but one can also solve a puzzle, solve a mathematics equation, etc. One does not usually resolve puzzles or equations. One can also resolve a problem. This can mean finding a solution, but it usually extends beyond that -- to making the problem go away."

And more:

"To resolve is used differently than solve. To resolve is used when there are (usually)two differing opinions and there needs to be a decision made between the two. As rogelio says, resolve is used mainly with an argument between two people.

Resolve is also used as a noun. "He has a lot of resolve", meaning: you have a lot of determination or you have the ability to put your mind to something deliberately.

To solve a problem means to find an answer using all the information provided and determining the answer. To solve the crime, the police used all the evidence they found in the apartment."

"Resolve" is also used to point out the determination of doing something, e.g., "i resolved to quit smoking"

I'm not going to discuss the matter any further, either you accept not to have known how to use both words (and if you still don't know it by now, you never will), or you don't. I expect a round of beer anyway;-)))

Kommentar

• Re: 5 Zeilen

Also meines Wissens sollen Katzen ja 9 Leben haben. ;-)

Kommentar

One can solve a problem, but one can also solve a puzzle, solve a mathematics equation, etc. One does not usually resolve puzzles or equations. One can also **resolve** a problem.

**Komm Du mir nach Hause....we're going to talk about this.......I say a little pray 4 u**

Kommentar

nene, 7.....seven, um mal in der Umgangssprache zu bleiben....

Kommentar

You better say a little prayer for uself...I give you one more chance to admit PUBLICLY of having made a mistake. I found a self-explanatory sentence:

Using Communication,
                    Negotiation and Problem
                    Solving to Resolve
                    Complaints

Kommentar

Umgangssprachlich heißt das "siebane" zumindest bei mir

Kommentar

Squeakthemouse, Mäuschen, DAS ist DAS was Du gerade, vor ein paar Minuten gepostet hast (zum besseren Verständniss blau unterlegt:
                        **One can also *resolve* a problem**.

So, bis dahin klar, oder ??

Ich sagte Dir...go ahead to get a new Mail-addi, and problem REsolved......so, screw u, where's the difference ?????
                        What the **** are we talking about ???

Kommentar

Once again: problem SOLVED. Resolving is in this case wrong, as it is used (as I originally said), among other meanings, when a problem also represents a conflict, e.g. between two persons. I hope this way of solving our problem (using reason and common sense to find a solution) resolves our little argument;-)

Kommentar

**You didn't explain your "*REsolves"* the problem...
                            U're sneaking.....btw.**

Kommentar

First, I still don't need to change my mail address to SOLVE my little problem, obviously you did not understand what I meant with "deactivate the automatic notice system".
                              Second, RESOLVE a problem applies (seldom) when a conflict e.g. between to persons is at issue. The best example has been that of "using solving problems" to resolve. If you don't understand this, it simply means you don't want to...

Kommentar

If you don't understand this, it simply means you don't want to...

**Ok, whatever u mean, o lo que tu digas**

Kommentar

It took 26 entries, but at least:-)))

Kommentar

I'm still not convinced....
                                    Just said : **"Whatever u mean, o sea lo que tu digas"**

Kommentar

There's nothin to argue about.

Colloquial english: yep you're right.
                                      otherwise: Nerea is right.

In other words: In the context of a problem I would use 'solve' and I guess most of the english speakers would. - But that doesn't imply that 'resolve' is wrong.
                                      Besides that - I couldn't care less.
                                      Since you gave your best to be a rude dude towards Nerea and a wise guy, I gave a wee effort to be a pain in da neck.
                                      (8p)

Kommentar

"Resolve" in that context sounds more or less like "auflösen" instead of "lösen" in German. Colloquial or not, it sounds like fingernails on a blackboard:-)))

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                        X